Sunday, September 8, 2013

Gooseberries

We went for a walk around Nederland, Colorado today. After a good fill of coffee and a mountain burger, we meandered over to the smoke shop for cigarettes. On our way, we go along this lovely pedestrian bridge over one of the feeds to the barker reservoir, paused, finished up the coffees, and had a good stare at the rushing creek below. On the visitor center side of the bridge I found a gooseberry bush (red currants)!

We had to run trash, and the only place we can dump is at the visitor center; so I pulled my car in there. I found free internet in the parking lot thanks to lil place called New Moon. Dropped the trash, couldn't pass up getting a few shots of the freshly rained on, darkened, wooden covered pedestrian bridge for my mother, and grabbing some of those ripe, ready for the picking currants! I got my shots, got my gooseberries, and went to look through the pictures; and the rain picked up again. A beautiful double rainbow fell over the quaint, mountain town of Nederland. Ran out of my car and quickly snagged a few shots of thebridge and the rainbow.

Great day in town. Now back to the daily grind of finding wood to dry out so we can keep cooking up a storm with our trusty old skillet. I'll try to remember to snap a few pics of our up-and-coming meals. Hard to do when, sometimes, it takes about 3 hours to make said meal. SCARFING HAPPENS. I am not losing weight haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment